Created in 2006 the centre was funded as part of the £1.2m Cromer Community Economic Regeneration Package through the East of England Objective 2 European Union Structural Funds programme and the East of England Development Agency, with other contributions from Norfolk County Council, North Norfolk District Council and Cromer Town Council.
Merchants` Place Ltd is a non-profit making company, generating all of its income through room hire and business service provision. All revenue is invested back into the Centre to provide services for the community.
In addition to our services we run grant funded projects:
- Future You – Providing intensive, tailored employment support.
- Yes We Can – Supported by Victory Housing Community Fund & Geoffrey Watling Charity, Norfolk Community Foundation – To provide literacy, IT and social interaction for isolated adults with life affecting conditions.
- North Norfolk Volunteer Hub – Supported by Cromer Town Council – seeking further funding and sponsors – Recruiting volunteers and matching with local organisations to assist in community groups/projects.
- Drawn Together, Social Art Project – Supported by Victory Housing Community Fund and North Norfolk District Council Arts and Culture Fund – A friendly social art group for adults to alleviate loneliness.
- Stress Free Saturdays – Supported by Sport England Small Grants Programme – Offering a range of gentle, stress reliving exercises, such as Yoga, Pilates, Tia Chi and more. This is aimed at individuals facing social economic barriers.
- In Good Company – supported by Merchants’ Place – A friendly social group for adults to alleviate loneliness.
We are currently seeking sponsors to extend our projects above. You could help by sponsoring one of our rooms.
- Large meeting room – £2500 for 24 months
- Interview rooms – £2000 for 24 months
- North Norfolk Volunteer Hub – £1500 for 12 months
As a sponsor a plaque with your company name and logo will appear in the centre and on all our correspondence, website, newsletter and social media activity. We will regularly produce editorials for the local press reporting on the projects accomplishments aided by our sponsors.